Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Re-Do

Alas the testing information was too good to be true.... In order to teach in Texas I will have to take 2 tests. One for 8-12 Social Studies and one for 8-12 Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities.... yeah I am not excited.  The problem with a very large state and a very large district is that nothing can be personal or user friendly because at some point, someone, somewhere made a stink and now everything has to be in hard to understand legal terms.  So, while online it appeared that I was all set.... When I received the actual letter informing me of potential tests, it was very clear that I had 2 tests I need to pass by March...Wooo.

The only good thing about this is that once I pass them ( I WILL...I hope...) I can apply for my standard certification which lasts 5 years and is only $77!  Granted there has already been much money spent on becoming a temporary teacher for this first year, but I am going to try to move on from that.  Just got to focus on these tests now so that I do not have to take them more than once.  At $120 a pop, once is the way to go!

So what is the lesson to this story?  Only move to states that accept the first set of tests you took to become a teacher... Why test again?! Oh Texas, you have yet to cease to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment