Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kolache... WHAT?

Last summer when Jarrod and I were in Houston for a visit we noticed there were a lot of fast food places that sold Kolaches.  We had no idea what these were and so of course used our Iphones to look them up.  Here is what Wikipedia says they are:
Kolache (also spelled kolacekolach, or kolacky, from the Czech and Slovak plural koláče) is a type of pastry consisting of fillings ranging from fruits (including poppy seed, raspberry, and apricot) to cheeses and/or meats inside a bread roll. (wikipedia.com)


For whatever reason we did not try any last summer and so during my errands today I was determined to have me some Kolache.... 

Not the most amazing thing in the world, but I am glad I tried it!  It really was just the bun with a little cheese inside and a skinny sausage.  I guess this means I will have to try other companies to compare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment