Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beachy Keen Jelly Bean

For our new bedroom Jarrod and I (read: I suggested it and like a good husband Jarrod agreed) decided to go with a "beach" theme.  Not like a actual beach scene persea, but more of how you might feel if you lived in a beach house on the cape or such.  It's very difficult to achieve this with a rust colored wall and no white wooden furniture, but the effort is there.

This weekend I decided to add a few things to spruce the bedroom up more before Jarrod comes to visit.  I purchases burlap for drapes and a see-through fabric for the ceiling to make it feel more homey.  Thanks to my handy dandy staple gun I was able to hang all the fabric with minimal hardware, aka none, and I think it doesn't look half bad... could be better, but not bad...

I wish the ceiling fan was further back so I could do another low dip with the fabric, but alas it is not my place and when I own my own home I can put the fan wherever I want!



















I then went to a store called Hobby Lobby, which is a mega crafting store.  I wanted some art work to hang up as well as supplies to create some art.  Perhaps I watch a little too much HGTV but I figured I could make something rather than purchase pre-made stuff.  I didn't want anything toooo obvious, like a picture of white sand and the blue ocean, so I settled on a trilogy of waves.  I then bought canvas, some sea shells and some paint to go for a more modern piece.  They're kinda small for the wall, but it's a start.



We're hoping to not be in this apartment very long (for a multitude of reasons, some of which I've listed in previous posts) so I don't think I'll do much else to the room.  For now it seems pretty relaxing and beachy... if you don't count the gianormous dog crate on the corner :)

To continue my craftiness I am going to take on a quilt... stay tuned for how that project turns out!

1 comment: