Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Get What You Pay For...

I swear I have officially learned my lesson when it comes to hairdressers... You pay for what you get! With all this talk of buying a house I was trying my best to not over pay for getting my hair trimmed and colored.  3 hours later I walked out of the hair salon with 1 highlight, a trim and a soaking wet t-shirt.  I am not going to bad mouth the place I went to, but I am so glad that for one of the first times in my life I stood up for myself and demanded the price be changed for the services that were not done correctly.

It is as if getting ready to buy a house (which may be happening sooner than we originally thought, so stay tuned!) has made me more financially bad ass.  "That's my money and I want what I deserve for it!"  This may not be a bad attitude to have when buying a house.  We are giving up a lot of hard saved cash, we should get what we want for it.

As of right now our list has not changed.  We have gotten more information on our favorite house that makes us a little more hesitant, but I think at this point we just need to see it.  Even though it is a lot of money we've worked very hard to save, short of building our own house, we will never find the perfect house for us.  We just have to make sure we're getting what we pay for.  My hair will grow back, I have lots of headbands and t-shirts for that matter.  Once you're in a house though, that's it.  No getting money back before leaving the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment