Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time to Keep Track

Yesterday before Jarrod went off to work for hopefully one of the last night shifts of his life (I'll get there, give me a second) we took a look at the calendar and realized that though March has yet to begin we have basically filled every moment of it.  You name it, we've got it going on.  Not all bad things, just every moment being used to the max.  At the end of all of it Jarrod and I hope to take a huge, HUGE, step in our lives... but again, I'll get to that.

Allow me to explain about Jarrod's new job since that's probably all you've been thinking about since I mentioned it above.  About 2 months ago Jarrod got word that there was a job opportunity within his company that would fit him quite perfectly.  Jarrod had been working on becoming a green belt (the GE company thinking kind, not a ninja) and his mentor saw that this new job was available and suggested he apply to it.  It is project management and the way I understand it is that any time a project of any sort needs to happen at one of the MANY plants his company runs, he and his group makes it happen.  They don't complete the project, but rather find the people, resources, and time to do it.  Especially for big projects, this becomes a huge undertaking to make sure that an entire plant full of people are on board and have the time to get things done.  The best part of the job I have noticed is the fire proof jeans... No I kid.. I kid... No the best part about the job other than the promotion potential and exciting work is the normal schedule.  That's right ladies and gentlemen, my husband will be coming home every night! I am so proud that he worked so hard to move on from his initial position with Praxair and I am so glad that he was able to find something within his company so that he had a smooth transition.  Way to go Jarrod :)

Now about that crazy month of March.  This is where the keeping of track needs to begin.  Oddly enough one of the reasons March is so busy is because it is our first full month of Track.  So far we have had 1 track meet and it was absolutely freezing.  We also have a very young team who is used to being the super stars of their middle school and are only slowly adapting to second place.  Yeah, as if second place was so bad.  Last weekend's meet was canceled due to major rain and this weekend's meet is 2 days long.  Woo who doesn't love track season?!  All but one of the weekends in March is filled with either a 1, 2 or sometimes even a 3 day track meet.

Ok so that's only 5 days in the month, not that much to keep track of.  As I mentioned, the month is super busy, but not all worked related.  March in Texas means several things.  Spring break for schools, warmer weather inching in and the Rodeo! This year Jarrod and I have been told, I mean highly suggested to, that we need to go to the Rodeo since we "missed" it last year.  So during Spring Break we will be attending 1 day of the Rodeo...yeeehaw!  The rest of Spring Break will be filled with wine tasting, birthday celebrations, packing (patience still...) and most likely prepping for the last push of the school year. That's right, this year it's back to even digits for me(which I prefer much more than odd years).  I already know it will be filled with all kinds of wonderful events including another 1/2 marathon.  Yup, that's in March too... Woo!

If you're still paying attention, 1 I applaud and appreciate you, and 2 I bet you're wondering what I'll be packing for during Spring Break.  Obviously if it's happening during Spring Break it's not for Spring Break.  Nope, this year we're not going anywhere fancy.  The main reason we're not going anywhere is because we wanted to save a lot of money for when we get ready for our next HUGE step and that is to BUY A HOUSE!!! A more detailed post about our up coming search is on it's way for sure, but for now know that I am going to use Spring Break to begin packing and purging things we don't use currently.  I figure if we can be semi packed by the time a decision is made it will make for a more smooth move.  I am so excited for this event to happen, I am not however, excited to pack again.  Hopefully this will be the last time for many years.

I am planning to keep track of much of our home buying process. From what we want, to how we get it and what's it's like once we're in.  I want to "write" it all down so Jarrod and I can look back this fall and realize how (hopefully) successful we were in our 3rd major adult life decision(marriage and move being the first 2 if you were wondering).

Next up... Dream House!


No comments:

Post a Comment