Monday, March 7, 2011

What a Wonderful Week

Yay alliteration :) This week, though busy as always is definitely wonderful in many ways.  Allow me to explain day by day:

Monday 3/7- Today is my Nana's Birthday!  I believe she is 30 or 31, I can't really remember, but she totally doesn't look or act a day over 29 ;) Moving away means missing the month of Birthdays in my family (All the women in my family have their birthdays within a month of each other!) However I think what is super fun is sending fun, thoughtful gifts and cards to let my family know Jarrod and I are thinking of them even from afar.  We sent Nana bright yellow and orange flowers to remind her that Spring is on the way and hopefully the florist will deliver them tomorrow!  Happy Birthday Nana!!!


Tuesday 3/8: Tuesday is my birthday... 27 I believe.  Oddly enough I am not even typing that to be funny.  The other day someone asked me how old I would be and I had to stop and think for a split second.  27?  Nothing major happens when you're 27 other than you're one step closer to being 30.  This school year feels like it has aged me past 27 so perhaps that is why I forgot how old I'd really be.  Though I won't see Jarrod at all on my birthday, he has already made it very special by taking me out on Sunday for a fun day of shopping!  I have a mani/pedi set up with a friend and we're going to have a glass of wine afterwards.  No birthday cake, no party hats, but nails and wine.... I'll take it! Bring on 27, I think I kinda like this older person thing :)

Wednesday 3/9: Nothing major is happening this day other than I get to finish my birthday shopping with Jarrod.  While shopping was what I asked for, it turned out to be far more difficult than I thought it would be.  I want to get special things but I also need certain things.  I think another sign of growing up is allowing ones self to buy certain things you want rather than only what you need.  Perhaps life is too short to only have what you need.

Thursday 3/10: Jarrod and I are going to see Cirque Du Soleil!!! They are coming to Houston and Jarrod actually got me these tickets for Christmas.  It worked out perfectly that it fell the week of my birthday.  Double bonus!  I will definitely be taking photos and will share them here as soon as possible!  It's the first time for both of us to see Cirque, so we are SUPER excited!!

Friday 3/11:It's Friday which is enough reason to celebrate.  I think I may have a track meet, though it has changed 20 times,  so I am not certain.

Sat 3/12: Track meet all day... Then it's Wine and Ice Cream night!!! The ladies from school are helping me celebrate my birthday with two of our favorite things!! It's also an excuse to stay in one night in comfy clothes and begin our Spring Break week relaxing :)

Sunday 3/13: Packing all day for Mexico!!!!  Monday 3/14 can't happen soon enough!!! Adios USA!!

2 comments: