Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Backtracking... Merry Christmas 2010

It is time for me to recount Jarrod and I's very first married Christmas!  While I was very worried about how I would feel being away from family this year (First time EVER) I realized we both were away from our families and we had each other and so things would be OK.  My sisters were very good about keeping me updated with the normal holiday happenings and even sent photos of the cookies they decorated.  While I love change in the sense of adventures (uh we moved to Texas...) for some reason holiday traditions seem to be the one thing I never ever want to change.  In order to keep things as normal as possible Jarrod was gracious enough to allow me to try to recreate those traditions in our home.

It all began with Christmas Eve.  Jarrod was lucky enough to switch with someone and get Christmas Eve off and so we slept in and then went to the grocery store to get all the materials needed for our holiday meal and bakings.  At home we always bake tons and tons of cookies and Jarrod and I both felt that was something we wanted to do as well.  We made snickerdoodles, World Famous Crowley Balls and Surfer Squares.  Jarrod was an excellent sous chef and the day went by so quickly we were almost scrambling to get our Christmas ham in the oven on time!  Here are some of our delicious creations...
Zeee Sous Chef!

Zeee Real Chef ;)

Snickerdoodles

Crowley Balls!!! aka Peanut Butter Balls

Christmas Eve Dinner! Ham, Risotto and Carrots :)










































































After a delicious dinner it was time for the next tradition.  Though Jarrod and I don't go to church often, we both felt it was an important tradition to keep up on Christmas Eve.  I love the feeling of people coming together to celebrate, families reconnecting and the carols... I LOVE THE CAROLS!!!  So we headed downtown to the Episcopal Cathedral and it was beautiful!  Packed... but beautiful.  After church it was time to set out presents and head to bed, we had to be up early for East coast Christmas :)

Now that Christmas 2010 seems so far away it is starting to all blur together.  Jarrod and I were both very loved and well gifted with some favorites being kitchen pots and pans as well as tickets to see Cirque de Soliel!  There was lots of clothes, kitchen gadgets, books and even some custom labeled Crowne for Jarrod :)  All and all a good day spent with each other and some Jarrod's family in Tomball!

No comments:

Post a Comment