Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to Reality...

So after a absolutely wonderful time in Mexico it seems that life was waiting for us the moment we returned with no rest for the weary.

In school news, 20 people were given tentative pink slips yesterday.  I say tentative because I have heard that those 20 people were given more of a warning that if the budget could not be improved, their positions would be the first to go.  A very gray area for sure.  Gladly I can say I am not one of those people.  Still it is very hard to hear about people you work so closely with losing their jobs even if there is a chance they'll get them back.  Just knowing some of them for a short 8 months, I wonder what we will do with out them...

In dog news, Portland appears to have worked himself into a tissy between being boarded all week and coming home.  Without sharing details that no one wants to read, lets just say since 2am this morning we have been cleaning the carpet.... the saga has continued all day and luckily with Jarrod's schedule this week Portland was only alone for about 2 hours.  To add to this craziness, I spoke with my mom and she mentioned that our family dog Smokey had the SAME problem this am... weird!!! Here's hoping for a better night sleep both here in Houston and in Hampton...

In weather news, Houston is warmer than it was in Mexico and I feel as if by being south of the border Jarrod and I may have missed the 1 week of Texas Spring ;)  No complaints really... I moved here for the heat, but one week in the 70s rather than 80s would have been nice.  Oh well, at least we got a good base tan to work on while in Mexico and it won't be wasted in snowy tundra :)

Well that's all the news that's fit to print... Take care and good night

No comments:

Post a Comment