Monday, January 16, 2012

It's the End of the World as We Know It...

Thank you thank you... As if you didn't see that blog title coming.
Moving on... 2012 is upon us and Jarrod and ushered it in with some great Mexican food and a party in the city park.  While it turned out to be more family fun, the last 15mins were really awesome and 2012 arrived with great music and fireworks!


 


 


 

Clearly we had to include the pups in on the fun...

2012 is looking to be a pretty awesome year.  Jarrod assures me we will see 2013 and seeing as he's been right from time to time (it's taken a lot for me to admit that clearly) I guess I have to believe him.  If he turns out to be wrong, then at least it sounds like we're gonna have a pretty great last year on earth!
Hopefully this spring will be the last we ever spend in an apartment.  Jarrod and I plan to start looking for a house sometime in April and if all goes well we'll have the summer to move, paint and enjoy our first home.  It's both scary and exciting to think about buying a house.  It's so... well, permanent.  Can't go where the wind blows you (that did not work out well for that witch in Wizard of Oz, clearly).  At some point I guess it was bound to happen, putting down roots and all and I think Houston is going to allow us to be pretty successful at doing so.  Don't worry, I'll blog about the search and what not as much as possible... Or you know, you could just come see it after we move in :)
This year will hopefully bring a better work schedule for Jarrod too.  Crazy to think that ever since we said I Do we've either lived apart or he's had shift schedules.  If he get's a regular schedule at some point we'll be a couple of regular old Jones's... and I don't think I'll mind that a bit.
Hopefully this year my sisters will get to travel to Texas for the first time and just in time before they both are in college.  UGH They make me feel sooooo old! I tell you what though, as they have grown up I can't tell you how awesome they have become.  Each year they become more and more awesome and it's so great to spend time with them.  It's nice to hit that age when our age differences don't really matter and we can all have fun and hang out together.  Of course I'm not looking forward to going out with them and having to show my ID when they'll just slide on through.  Let's not pretend that's not going to happen....

Of course 2012 (being the possible end and all) will bring about a lot of other exciting times as well.  I can only imagine what owning a house will have in store for us or what crazy times we'll have with friends here... and only someone somewhere knows what my job will have in store for me!  If the world is going to end, at least I'll be in my own house with my husband and my pups and know that at this point Im pretty content with how things have turned out.  You know if the Mayans end up being wrong though... that'd be cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment