Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And now it's Jarrod's Turn...

I was looking forward to writing this post to tell you all about Jarrod's half marathon.  Was... being the key phrase there.  I was certain (why Im not 100% sure) that my half marathon time would be equal or faster than Jarrod's.  Alas, on Sunday, during Houston's huge half marathon Jarrod beat my time by about 5 mins! Yay for him... grrrr for me haha.  Ok time to get over myself and congratulate Jarrod on such an awesome job!

He really did great! Especially for the work schedule he has and just coming off the holidays he definitely did not have as good of a training period as I did.  He had to get to the race at 5:30AM for a 7:00AM race! So many people... not to mention all the marathon runners as well.  This marathon is one that people can use to qualify for Boston and Chicago so it draws a lot of people to Houston.  Of course 2 Ethiopian runners won both the marathon and 1/2 marathon...such is the case in the running world.  This was such a huge race they even had the technology to text me to tell me when Jarrod was at various parts of his run. Super appreciated when I was running around Houston trying to cheer him on in various places.  I was able to see him around mile 7 and then with a sprint downtown I got to see him finish!  His official time was 1:46... so great!!!

The whole atmosphere of the race was awesome and so many people come out to support the runners.  I love the feel of people supporting road races its such an awesome energy and even a bit emotional to see moms and dads running past their kids, or various other love ones.  Makes you want to just cheer everyone on and tell them they're great!

Here are the photos I took from that day.  I tried to get Jarrod of course and also the sense of how big the race was.  Of course there were a few costumes along the way :)


First... Meet Jarrod's new bud, Charlie! He belongs to Crystal and Ed and was quite taken with Jarrod when we went there to watch football one weekend.  It was quite the cute encounter :)





Lots of marathon runners!
 

Look at all those people!!
Blowing a kiss to the camera!


So awesome!


Teehee
 

Finished!!!


The texts I got during the race :)


So proud!!!




Now on to our next 1/2 marathon...Together! We'll be running the Sugarland 1/2 in March.  I'm glad we did our first ones separate, but now it's time to kick his butt!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment